Cardinal Medical Practice recognises that the welfare of children is paramount and that we have a duty of care when they are in our charge. We will do everything we can to provide a safe and caring environment whilst they attend our activities.
- Treat all children with respect
- Carefully recruit and select all adults whether paid or voluntary
- Provide a code of conduct for all staff to include assessment of risk for key roles when working with children/young people
- Respond to concerns and allegations appropriately
When there are concerns about the welfare of any young person, all adults in our surgery are expected to share their concerns and allegations with the responsible person for child protection matters.
Child Protection Lead: Dr Charlotte Armour
The child protection lead is responsible for:
- Monitoring and recording concerns
- All those working with children/young people are aware of the ACPC Child protection procedures
- Making referrals to Social Service without delay
- Liaison with other agencies
- Arranging training for all those who work with children